2023 Inventory Management Course - Registration is Full
Our registration is at capacity.
* Registration open until 1/10/23 at 12:00 AM (EST)
The 2023 Inventory Managment Course starts on Wednesday, January 18 at 6 pm ET / 5 pm CT / 4 pm MT / 3 pm PT.
The course has 16 classes (over 18 weeks) and will run through May 17, 2023.
Registration is full. Join the wait list by clicking on "Register Now" and purchasing a free wait list ticket.
Information about the course is on our website: please review this before you register.
PLEASE NOTE: Before you register you must enroll in PBS as a member. Membership is free, and joining ensures you receive our newsletter with important updates and deadlines about the school and our courses. Your record after you join is called your "Member Compass" and you can visit and revise information there at any time.
Registration fee for the course is $375. Students whose stores are current members of NAIBA, MPIBA, and CALIBA are eligible for discounts. You must contact your trade association for the code before you begin the registration process, as discounts can't be applied after registration is finalized.
Registration is limited to 50 students, with no more than two employees from each store. 40 seats are open for first come/first registered, while 10 seats are reserved for students who fall under our Diversity/Equity/Inclusion policy. There are required questions about diversity status when you register.
Students may elect to take the course to earn certification from the Professional Booksellers School, or they may elect to audit the course. Only students who meet the certification guidelines for attendance, homework, and their final project will be certified.
How the Course Works
- The course meets online via Zoom every Wednesday (except breaks for Winter Institute and Easter/Passover) from 6 pm ET - 8pm ET starting January 18, 2023, ending May 17, 2023.
- The classes are live, and participation is required. Classes include Q&A opportunities and some breakout room sessions. Recordings will be available for student review after each class.
- Certification students will be assigned weekly homework, and create a final project. All students, even those auditing, may participate in the weekly homework to cement their learning.
- Each class covers a different topic and can include guest speakers from the industry. Classes also include some small groups and other interactive elements.
- Homework will be uploaded onto a specific Trello board that you’ll create as part of your Week 1 homework. You'll receive information and video links to learn about the free Trello software after you register.
- Students and teachers will communicate in a Discord server. Discord is free to join, and an invitation will be emailed to students before the course begins. Students also receive a twice-weekly newsletters with information about the class.